2007-10-15

Lesbian paradise?

So I've started watching Strawberry Panic. And even though people have told me it sucks (*cough* mire *cough*), I am really starting to love it.

We've got three all girls boarding schools, where the girls from all three schools sleep in the same dorms. The characters aren't super original, neither are the storylines really, some relationships are kinda weird etc.

BUT.

There are only female characters in this show, they barely even ever mention boys and it's all about relationships/crushes/etc. What this leads to is that lesbianism becomes the norm. All the characters we meet have crushes on the other girls, and they don't even mention that it's girl/girl love and relationships.

Like I said, in this show and at these school lesbianism seems to be the norm (at least so far, I haven't seen the whole show). They don't even mention homosexuality – or heterosexuality for that matter – and we seem to be living in a world with only girls. Or, I suppose, a world without gender.

(I just wish Amane Ohtori would be promoted to a regular on the show...)


No comments: