2006-09-28

We just never stop being fucking hilarious, do we?

I just never stops being funny, does it? I could mention something about kindergarten-behaviour and childishness, but it's not even that simple. We're doing a film course, and I've got 20 year old boys – uh, yes boys – in my class who can't stop giggling over words like "homodiegetisk" and "analeptisk" (Swedish words, mind you, but you get the associations).
    I know what you're going to say – they're insecure about their all sexuality, right? But no, it's not even that simple. They keep making gay-related joke after gay-related joke, and can't stop associating every single word to gay things, making every sentence "homo erotic" – but they keep stressing the fact that there's nothing wrong with being gay, and they aren't afraid to act in a way they themself think seems gay. If they were acting in an at all homophobic way, I would be offended and confront them about it, but they're just being kids. Though I can't but wonder – when will they stop?
    It is all fun up until some point. Hey even I can laugh about that stuff – even I? It's not like what they're talking about has got anything to do with me, I'm not a gay man, and they hardly ever mention gay girls, guess that's a whole different thing for guys.
    Yeah, as I said, it's all fun – or at least ok – up until a point. Then it just stops being fun. Or so I thought – apparently they don't think so though. At some point it starts becoming lame, at another point it's just pointless, and then, at the third point, it's just annoying. Come one, is this what it's going to be like all year? 'Cause in the end, this will be too much, and I'll just have to decide on ignoring the whole bunch of guys all together.
    I guess my conclusion is that, even though my classmates are all nice, funny and "gayfriendly" people – and even though I certainly am no gay man and their words don't hurt me the least – it will always bother me when people I normally like turn gays into something to laugh at. It can be funny, sure, everything is at times – but when gay people and "the gay lifestyle" become the only things you actually laugh at...? Nah, it just ain't cool no more, sorry guys...

1 comment:

lisa said...

Nah it's not funny.. and I'm sorry that they are doing this. It's just so childish, and it's got to end.. eh.