2006-07-06

Grey's Anatomy, gotta love


It took me unusually long to discover the new TV show love of mine, which is Grey's Anatomy. Actually it took me until a week ago, about a year and three months after the show started airing in The US. To my defence, I have moved a lot lately, and I don't own a TV, so it does take some effort from my side in order for me to find new shows. However, many people had mentioned good things about this show, and it seemed worth checking out. Now, I'm not a fan of hospitals, or blood, or needles – and Grey's Anatomy has got a lot of all those three things (well probably just the one hospital, but you get what I'm saying), but when I finally got around to watching the first episode, a "this show is actually kinda good"-thought started forming in my head. So I decide to give the show a serious chance, and I switched on episode two, and what do I hear? You Wouldn't Like Me by Tegan and Sara. Which - being a huge Tegan and Sara fan – made me really happy. Now, I know their music is played on a lot of TV shows these days, but when I discovered there was a Tegan and Sara song in five of nine season one episodes. And in season two? They play KT Tunstall, Regina Spektor and even more Tegan and Sara. Now, what can I say, that's reason enough for me to love a show. Mhm.
    But obviously there is more to Grey's Anatomy than the music, and I have to say the quality of this show really surprised me. What mostly surprised me, I think, were the characters. I can't help but loving almost all of them. Meredith, the somewhat confused but completely adorable main character, she's just the sweetest. Christina, the very sarcastic – god I love that with girls – and kind of private girl with the very weird looking – errr not in a bad way at all – face, gotta love. Izzie and George are both cute as hell, and Alex is just the kind of guy I can't not fall for in TV shows (hey, he's almost a bit like Logan...).
    This is a show I will keep watching, for sure. I just started with season two and already discovered a KT Tunstall song. And I can't wait the episode where Rosanna Arquette – omg could that woman be any more attractive? – will guest star. Gah.
    All in all. I love. You should be too. Off you go and watch. Mhm.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everyone I've talked to that has watched this show has loved it, I have yet to see it, maybe I should take the hint and watch it myself.

Mikey said...

Heh, yeah exactly, that's what I finally did, and it was definitely worth it :)

xxx epo

Anonymous said...

Retro comments.

Anyway, I just watched the first episode. Thought it was okay, don't see what the fuss is about. Sure it takes a few episodes though. Got the second recorded and will watch it when I get time.

Problem is I find Merrideth annoying, and normally not liking the lead character doesn't end well.

Mikey said...

Ah that sucks, yeah you have to at least stand Meredith. I love her. So yeah, eheh. Although, Lotte doesn't like Meredith and she still loves the show. Maybe it'll take you a few eps to get it, idk :)