2006-07-18

PotC - for the love of Keira...


So. Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (aka Död mans kista, lmfao all you Swedes). When I saw the first PotC movie, I didn't care much for Keira... or Orlando... or anyone except for Johnny – I just fell completely for Captain Jack Sparrow. Johnny Depp is and has always been on my top five "guy's I'd sleep with"-list (aka the "the only five guys in the world I'd sleep with"-list), and him as a pirate, with eyeliner and an awesome pirate-attitude? Weeeeell I loved it.
    Anyways, me and my dear sister Joamna went to the cinema to see the second movie – thinking it could be funny, but not expecting too much (apparently she's got a huge thing for pirates though, I never knew). We got the last two seats and were places in the middle of the front row, which caused my neck to hurt like hell and my head to spin (hey I get dizzy and sick from playing video games, so). BUT, hell it was all so worth it! I take back everything bad I've ever said about Keira Knightley, mmhm. I had been looking forward to this movie, but I didn't really know what to expect – and I sure as hell hadn't expected this! (This being a movie I really loved.) It was funny as hell – hilarious only almost on the border to silly (obviously completely on purpose though). Also a lot darker than the first movie, which would include a lot more darkness to some of the main characters, such as Keira's Elizabeth. Awesome, mhm.
    So, all in all, I don't know if I would say that Dead Man's Chest is better than the first PotC-movie, but there sure were more things to love. Plus everyone looked really cute in this movie, even Orlando's Will... But I'm sorry Orlando; if my options are Keira in a pretty dress gently kissing Will, and hot Keira with her hair down, in pirate clothes, passionately kissing a scruffy looking Johnny Depp/Captain Jack Sparrow... Weeeell... :P

7 comments:

GreyLibra said...

I really liked this movie, too! When she did the thing before they left the Pearl, I was like OMG! I can't wait for the next one. Oh, and happy birthday yesterday.

Mikey said...

Thanks! And yeah I agree, I kinda suspected that would happen, but I still had an "OMG"-reaction, lol.

Anonymous said...

Hihi, yea I agree with everything. And of course, pirates are totally awesome!

Mikey said...

... and even more importantly: they're hot! :P

Ape said...

Makes me think of the sweet sweet Jack/Frank slash. Not too amazed by the movie though, still it was entertaining.

Mikey said...

Really? I'm surprised, I thought you were in on the Captain Jack Sparrow love like the rest of the LVers?

Anonymous said...

i agree with ape, and wish there more elizabeth moments and that she tied her hair back. i mean, is it just me, with my hair always getting in my way or?

they are, cept for the teeths..thats..just...ew.