2006-07-23

Podcast rant and Pirate Keira is Smarter Than Me

Who knew editing sound could be so addictive?
    I seem to start most of my rants with explaining why I didn't think I would like a particular thing, and here we go again: I never thought podcasting was my kind of thing. I was alway more into movies and TV shows than music, radio or anything sound-related. I only used iTunes MusicStore to subscribe to "Rapport" (Swedish news) while I was in The UK, and didn't think podcasts in general seemed that interesting.
    Then came Kelka and turned the world up-side-down. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who lay on their bed crying with laughter every time they listened to The Planet podcast – and I know I wasn't the only one who almost looked forward more to their podcast than to new L Word episode. It's simple – I love them, everyone who has ever heard them pretty much does. (Hey most of you guys know exactly what I'm talking about, right?)
    Anywho, all these people started making podcasts – it was what all the cool/geeky kids were doing (and still are I guess), and I honestly didn't start to listen to the other ones until quite recently (or, until it became summer, and school was over, and I was unemployed and had all this time all of a sudden). I didn't for a second think the other podcasts would be half as much fun as the Kelka one – and some aren't, but the ones I listen to (SloGreenX, Cocktailcast and JMeg) are actually very entertaining. (Maybe especially if you are a gay girl though :P )
    So. Me and my awesomely dear friend Fran have been an online team for almost two years now, and I asked her if she wanted to do a podcast with me, and she basically said yay. And we made a podcast. And another one. And another one. And guess what, it's crazy fun!
    But who knew that editing podcasts would be so addictive?! I spent about ten hours editing the Fuffycast, and yes, it was hell, but I couldn't stop. I just wanted it to be great, and funny, and cool. Maybe it isn't (I did run out of patience eventually), but I'm trying, and the trying part is fun, or at least.. attictive.

Well, all of this is really just to attract your attention to the podcast I just finished editing – the "Pirate Keira is Smarter Than Me" Cast, with and by me and my dear sister Joamna. Please listen :)

http://smarterthanme.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

Ape said...

Yes being a gay girl or at least having queer tendencies is a must I think to really and fully enjoy those podcasts mentioned.

Anyhow, I'm off to download it and see what you crazy kids are talking about while drunk.

ps. still love that picture, and it still almost brings a tiny tear to my eye ds

Mikey said...

Heh yeah I agree.

Yay, listen and comment!

Ans yeah, idk why the pic is so light now though, it was darker before and that looked cooler.. Like you could only see the shapes of the houses and not teh windows etc.? Might have to do some photoshopping if I can be bothered..

Anonymous said...

hey epo. i like your smarter than me cast. i just downloaded the three luscious casts too and am enjoying the first one right now. i love the accents and your english is amazing. wish i could speak another language that well.

Mikey said...

Hey, thanks! I'm glad you enjoy our podcasts since we have crazy fun making them, mhm :)