2006-07-10

Hm, the Alias finale...


I'm not the hugest Alias fan ever. This was actually another show I didn't discover until way after it started airing – I never gave it a real chance until about seven months ago – but when I finally started watching it in December last year, I have to admit I was hooked after only a few episodes.
 So, the big Alias series finale was aired a while back. I was super excited about these last few episodes, and couldn't wait to find out what they would come up with. This was a show that started with the main character discovering her entire life was built on a lie (or, lies, plural, actually), and I expected something equally shocking – or at least slightly shocking – to happen in the finale. (Was that too much to wish for? Really? Well, apparently...)

Before I saw the second half (well less than half) of season 5, but had heard about all the characters who were supposed to show up etc., I felt like "how the hell are they going to fit all this in a few episodes?!", and well, after having seen the end, I still feel like that.
 I would have wanted an "OMG"-reaction. But after five – or in my case four since I haven't seen season three – seasons of Alias, there isn't a lot in the last few episodes that manages to shock me. What's surprising about Sloane and Irina being the super villains? And Sark and Anna Espinosa – once again – showing up as bad guys? That's what we have been seeing the entire time, every damn season. I would have prefered it if at least Sloane or Irina to turn out to be not-100%-evil.
 Now, the finale wasn't bad. Obviously it was the right thing to include some of these characters, as well as Rambaldi, but I would have wanted something new and huge, in a show like this one, that started off with the whole "your life as you know it is a lie"-thing. I would have wanted something really shocking to happen, because even though the finale was full of action as well as drama, it didn't bring tears to my eyes, and it sure didn't turn my (or Alias's) world upside-down.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't sit through an entire episode because I have a serious allergic reaction to Jennifer Garner, she makes me itchy. lol. I just can't stand watching her, I don't know why but she just grates on my nerves.

Mikey said...

I do understand that actually. She used to annoy the hell out of me, until I really gave the show a chance.. (Still no big fan of her though.)

Mikey said...

test