2006-07-05

Imagine Me & You


So, I finally got around to see Imagine Me & You, and I really wish I could say that this movie is awesome. Or, like... good. I had been looking forward to this for a while, I knew it involved girl-girl love, and I knew it starred Piper Perabo and Tony Head (whom Рbeing a huge BtVS fan - I completely love), but that's about all I knew. Now, can't say this movie disappointed me, because I honestly didn't expect much from it. It was very corny, partly extremely clich̩, but also Рin my humble opinion Рvery sweet indeed.
    The story wasn't much to put in the christmas tree (hey, gotta love Swedish expressions translated to English). Girl married to guy, girl falling for girl, girl not knowing whom to choose. But there weren't that many ups and downs here, and we of course know from minute one that the girls will end up together at the end. Honestly though, the obviousness of the story doesn't bother me. What bothers me are the clichés, the lack of girl on girl action (hey, I'm not asking for much, but even the few kisses we actually get to see, look slightly awekward and "omg I'm kissing another girl"-ish), and the lameness in the end.
    So, all in all, I can unfortunately not say that this is a good movie, that I advise you all to buy on DVD this very moment. But, I have to admit I kinda love Imagine Me & You. I love the sweetness of it. And wtf is up with people going all "ooh" over Piper Perabo? Lena Headly was way more attractive and would make my knees weak in a heartbeat – she alone would make this movie worth seeing (a few times) in my opinion. While Perabo feels like a typical and slightly fake sweet girl, Headley's character feels real and alive.
    Ah what the hell, if you like this kind of movie – watch it, go buy the DVD, enjoy the kinda funny sweetness. Just don't expect a super great movie, this isn't it, far from, but it can be worth seeing none-the-less. Mhm.

No comments: